Vision – Executive Summary
The opportunity to create an outstanding development
We will deliver an ambitious project that is laudable, practical and fundable. Its laudability will come from its purposes being aligned completely with local and regional stakeholders. Its practicality will be ensured by regional expertise and a Management Team that includes some of the UK’s leading experts and award winning companies. Its deliverability will be underwritten by investors who recognise community gain being the bedrock of a sustainable company.
The level of innovation and sustainability offered by the South Down Project is commensurate with the scale of the opportunity. The Project’s instigators, supporters and advisors all have a single aim: to fulfil the potential of this unique and beautiful site in a manner that is an exemplar of world-class development in every possible way.
The scale of the possible regeneration
The scheme offered by The South Down Project could bring £1.3bn of inward investment to the area, create over 1,500 construction jobs during its development, and then create an additional 4,400 employment opportunities for local people in the longer term.
The potential gain for local businesses from our development, in total, will provide an estimated £90m annually to the local economy and have an economic impact of £1bn over ten years.
The purpose of this website
In order to illustrate our aims and abilities, this website outlines our philosophy, capacity, competency and vision. It contains contributions from many of the experts, supporters and key stakeholders of the project, as well as details of our principles and objectives.
Project status today
The project now has the following:
- A Concept Plan that shows the key elements of the offer.
- Support from leading experts and key organisations and bodies.
- Private investors who want to deliver the project, who have shown Proof of Funds in evidence of their ability to both buy the land and to deliver the Outline Plan.
- Positive and supportive engagement from Executives of both Local Authorities and Coast to Capital LEP.
- Initial discussion with the South Downs National Park
- Identification of the jobs and homes opportunity with the Department for Communities and Local Government, Department for Business Innovation and Skills and United Kingdom Trade and Investment Department